Hi! My name is Agat (it’s the Hebrew word for Agate, a precious stone). I live in Haifa, a city near the Mediterranean Sea in the north of Israel.
My mother is a ceramics artist and her creativity has always been a source of inspiration for me. I’m also the kind of person who likes to keep her hands busy and so, naturally, my mother decided to teach me how to knit. She taught me the basics (knit and purl) when I was 12 and ever since I’ve been developing my skills through the great help of the internet. Six years ago, I taught myself how to crochet, I wanted to expand my skills and fell in love with it.
I really love designing patterns, it’s a great creative outlet. I always start out with an idea, move to a sketch and from there enthusiasm (and a good deal of iterations) make it into reality. My ideas usually start out as a project where I couldn’t find a pattern that I really like. A few years ago, I decided that I want to share my designs and so I started writing them down. Since then I’ve been getting great feedback, which motivates me to keep going.
Few more facts about me 🙂
- I worked as a food engineer for 6 years.
- When my daughter was born, I decided to invest full-time in my designing business.
- I love to bake, I bake fresh sourdough bread everyweek.
- Some of my patterns were published in various crochet magazines.
- I have two cats – Maki and Nikki, they love taking part in my projects.